25 May 2016

Dad's journey to Annapurna

 
Dad posing for a silhouette picture
 
In this post I'll be talking about my dad's trip.

My dad, Shukri, also known as Uncle Bono (some of you might know him by that name), have a lot of interesting hobbies. At first, his hobby was fishing. He created a blog about it (http://croxfiber.blogspot.com/ - if you want to check it out. Last updated was on 2012 by the way). Eventually he was done with fishing. However, he found another one: editing pictures and post them in Instagram. Sometimes he would follow competitions in Instagram about editing a picture, ask us (my brothers and I) for suggestions, and if it looks good or not. Sometimes he would use his own picture he took and edit it, and sometimes he would travel out of the country and take pictures. Believe me, the pictures are beautiful.

Then suddenly, somehow my dad is interested in hiking. He would hike every hill in the country, and he did. Well, most of it. Sometimes he brings my brothers and I along. It's tiring if you ask me. I don't know how he has the energy to hike, and I can't believe I don't have much energy as he does. I'm so proud of him! Since last year, my dad went to Indonesia and other countries, just to hike the mountains. He climbed many mountains last year and this year as well. He would go for hiking training so he would be able to climb mountains easily.

Earlier this month, he went to Nepal for 14 days (5th until 19th May 2016) with his team, Team Bruneian Mountaineer and with Ravi Everest (Malaysian Mount Everest Solo Mountaineer). The Brunei Mountaineers: Shukri (Uncle Bono), Duan, Pg Sulaiman, Romie, and Zul. They have hiked 27,444 meters / 90,039 feet + - elevation in total and a total of 55 hours! + - trekking.

They trekked Tadapani (2,630 m), Chuile (2,110 m), Gurjung (2,050 m), Chhomrong (2,210 m), Ghore Deurali and Myagdi (2,860 m).

They also hit Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) twice! On May 12th for sunset and on May 13th for sunrise. Must have been beautiful.
 
Here are some pictures they took:

 
A cool picture of my dad hiking
 
 
Picture of some of the team

Dad reached Annapurna Base Camp (ABC)

 
Group photo of the team with Ravi Everest




Country flags, who climbed with the team during that time




Map of the journey in Nepal

Sooner this year, my dad will go for Everest, not the peak of Everest, just the base camp. Have seen the movie Everest? If you have, the base camp is the place where there are lots of camp tents settled there. Anyways, all the best to my dad!

1 comment:

  1. I met your dad sometime in 2015 for a Motivational Talk with the iceman Ravichandran in KK. All the best to your dad !

    https://walkstatic.blogspot.my/2015/10/bertemu-pendaki-solo-gunung-everest.html

    ReplyDelete