13 October 2016

Parallel Universe

She told me to wait for her. It seemed like she’s just saying that, like she wanted to abandon me, but by some means, part of me believed it. So I sat down and waited for her. A friend of mine came by while I was waiting, and we talked. After a few minutes have passed, my friend left, and a dose of doubts began to pour inside my head. I started to think that she actually did ditch me, like a blind date gone wrong where the person wanted to go to the toilet, but actually left the other person behind. That would be really rude.
She came back, and as soon as I saw her, I stood up like a recruit when a high-rank officer comes in. Apparently, she was just grabbing her jacket, which reassured me. She looked prettier, as ever. I thought I would never see her again. Seeing her made me smile. “Let’s go”, she said in a polite manner.
Normally when I’m with her, I would be nervous; I will stay quiet, be shy and awkward, and fidget a lot. Fortunately, I didn’t show any of those. I somehow kept all of them to a minimum.
“Alright.”
We went outside. The weather was quite nice, it was cloudy, and the temperature was just right, not too hot nor cold.
To be honest, we barely talk. We don’t know each other that well. But this time, in some way, we both felt we knew each other for a long time, like we were childhood friends.
We walked together aimlessly, like we were strolling in a park, beside one another. We didn’t mind where we were heading. We just talked; we exchanged our friendship and shared our stories.
We came across a building that seemed haunted. The walls of the building were dirty, and the grass around the building were half-dead. It looked like an abandoned school. I believe we stumbled upon a ghetto, where everything appeared awful.
I began to feel concern of our surroundings and what could happen to us. So I asked her, “Aren’t you scared walking through here? I feel like it’s haunted.” “Not really”, she responded in a calm behavior.
I strike her as a person who’s not afraid of horror films nor ghosts. Perhaps she has a strong spirit within her that causes her to react calmly in danger situations.
“Well, I am, because it’s creepy and it’s giving me the heebie-jeebies, and I feel weird about this place” I informed her. “Well, that is true”, she agreed.
She was lovely, friendly, honest and sweet. The point where we walked together and talked was where I felt like I’m home, as always when I’m with her. Seemed like we were close friends; we acted like there was no history between us, we just went with the flow and we weren’t shy of each other anymore.
Re-imagining the moment again and again makes my eyes misty and warms my heart. But ever since then, my heart felt emptier than before, because it felt real.

No comments:

Post a Comment